Scope of the course
Extend the basic knowledge of R users by teaching participants more advanced programming concepts and how to use R for more advanced problem solving, going beyond just statistics. This course is for participants who want to deepen their knowledge of R programming and be able to use R to deal efficiently with computational problems and programming tasks. Participants will also gain more knowledge on working with R data structures and solving common problems, like working with and manipulating factors, extracting information from statistical models, working with textual data and handling multiple data files.
- Introduction to control flow and conditional logic in R
- Creating your own functions, understanding anonymous functions
- Introduction to functional programming with the package “purrr”
- Working with factors
- Working with the file system (importing, transforming and combining multiple files)
- Debugging R code
- Benchmarking performance of R code
This course is not meant for R beginners. We strongly recommend that you first take part in our Introduction to R and R Studio workshop. Ideally, you also have exposure to the tidyverse from our Tidy Data workshop, but this is not required.
Even self-taught R users are encouraged to first follow the introductory workshop to get a strong foundation of the basics that this course builds on
COURSE DATES ARE NOT SET YET, PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN THE FORM BELOW